Blue Tunes 2


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Love Left on the Sand

So this one is as mushy as the last one, but this was my first serious poem that I took my time with back in high school. It has been a good while since high school, I can tell you that much.
This one is Love Left on the Sand

Ah yes. The ocean. The beach. The sea.
God, how I miss you.
How I miss you lying beneath me upon the small grains of sand,
holding you tight, right next to me,
with my protective arms and hands.
As I kissed you while you were looking up at me,
nothing was more calm and soothing than the slow moving sounds of the sea.
Because of you, the sea means much more to me.
Our lips collided in a splash-like motion,
that seemed to resemble that of spectacular waves,
at the same time,
hoping that the moment will continue day, after day, after day.
Your eyes. God, I can still remember your eyes.
If anything, your eyes I shall never forget.
Golden brown, almost yellowish,
kind of like the setting sun.
Strange, how they make me want to run,
Not in fear, but in happiness and in fun.
Your hair was covered in squishy wet mud,
and small ticklish waves gently kissed our feet,
making our hearts rapidly beat... faster and faster.
Why?
Why can't we go back there?
There to the place where time seemed to stand still,
just for you and me.
Lets go back please,
before I fall to my knees.
Lets go back to the place where the sun settled.
Settled ever-so magically, as it faded away behind the mystical sea,
and it did so, just for you and me.
Lets go back to that one spot on the beach,
isolated only by two gigantic rocks,
like guards defending us from the cold outside world
that would ridicule and mock.
Oh, how I long for the taste of your smooth and silky skin,
which held the radiant essence of calm beach and sea.
Sweet, yet salty,
nothing seemed to bother me.
Lets go back.
Lets go back to the place that was made for you and me.
Ah, yes.
Lets go back to the Ocean, to the Beach, and to the Sea.

Brought to you by your friendly neighborhood ALfie.

No comments:

Post a Comment